[SciPy-user] fftpack test failures

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Tue Jan 24 14:32:46 EST 2006

Paul Ray wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Since I just did an svn update for numpy and scipy to fix the stats
>bug, so I did a scipy.test(10), and found there are now test failures
>in fftpack:

This is an f2py problem.  Specifically, the thing I recently changed to
fix a problem with dgemm is breaking these functions.  So, Pearu, I need
help on this one.  Apparently sometimes check_and_fix_dimensions shoul
be swapping the dimensions and sometimes not.

I'm not sure when to swicth the order and when not to.  I've changes it
back (thus causing the dgemm example posted earlier to fail).   Update
your numpy distribution and remove build/src/fortranobject.c and
build/src/fortranobject.h to get the modules to re-link against the
*old* behavior.

-Travis