[SciPy-user] problems with stats.py

oliver.tomic at matforsk.no oliver.tomic at matforsk.no
Sun Jan 15 17:45:58 EST 2006

Hi there,

I am developing an application that amongst others uses stats.py from Gary
Strangman (version 0.6, May 10, 2002). Since we've been encouraged to
switch over to Numpy I tried to do so. Now however I am running into
problems.

Previously I used Numeric 23.8 and everything worked fine. Then I installed
Numpy and replaced 'Numeric' with 'Numpy' everywhere in the code. Now the
following occurs:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\pmse_Plot.py", line 175, in pmsePlotter
    ANOVAresults = lF_oneway(preANOVA[(assessor, attribute)])
  File "C:\Python24\stats.py", in line 1534, in lF_oneway
    means = map(amean,tmp)
NameError: global name 'amean' is not defined

I guess that this is probably a minor thing, but right now I don't see how
to work around this (my brain doesn't work anymore that late at night ...
past bedtime actually :-).

Any help appreciated

Oliver