[SciPy-user] Question about trick index functions.

Hugo Gamboa hgamboa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 21:40:42 EST 2006

I would like start to congratulate the community for the brave rename
and quick release of NumPy!
Following the discussions here, have been a very instructive
experience on how a quality project is run in open and honest
discussion.
Thank you all.

An now a question:

When using the r_ and c_ functions from numpy:

r_[1,2,3]

gives the same result than

c_[1,2,3]

I tried to follow the code and tried the concatenate function:

concatenate( ([1,2],[5,6]), axis=0)

gives the same result as

concatenate( ([1,2],[5,6]), axis=1)

Is this the correct behaviour?

When I want to produce a column vector I need to do something like:

r_[1,2,3].reshape((3,1))

--
Hugo Gamboa, Phd student
Communication Theory and Pattern Recognition Group