[SciPy-user] Renaming scipy_core: here we go again

Randewijk P-J <pjrandew@sun.ac.za> pjrandew at sun.ac.za
Wed Jan 4 02:44:13 EST 2006

What about a name to compliment python, i.e. a name of some sort of
snake... but that also sounds somewhat mathematical...

My first choice would by, our deadly:

1) pufadder

thought sounding not "mathematical", but still a snake,

2) mamba
3) cobra

could also be considered...

Also with the chief author's surname sounding very... South African... a
deadly (South) African snake name would be imho very appropriate... but
maybe I'm biased...

PJR