[SciPy-user] (no subject)

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Feb 24 07:33:24 EST 2006

Adrián López wrote:

>Hi,
>
>the code file is generated automatically, that was the reason for the
>strange lines as

Found the ultimate problem.   It was not a bug in Python (it usually
isn't).  It was a bug in array scalars.  The +x[6]  was causing the
problem.  This calls the C-equivalent of __pos__  which I had defined
badly using a function that had two arguments (instead of one).   The
second argument was being filled with whatever was on the stack.  On my
system it just caused a funny argument error, but on yours it was
causing a segfault.

This should now be fixed in SVN.  In the mean-time, avoid using
+(anything that produces an array scalar like x[6])

Thanks again for the good test.

-Travis