[SciPy-user] SciPy Install failure: dfftpack not found

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 12:35:17 EST 2006

David Treadwell wrote:
> Help, Please! SciPy installation is giving me fits. After a recent HD
> crash, I'm trying to reinstall my Python system.

Chris Fonnesbeck was having the same problem over on the SciPy-dev list, so I'm
just going to copy-and-paste my response to him:

The dependency handling between numpy.distutils commands is not the greatest.
Sometimes you have to specify all of the intermediate commands. For example, all
of my build lines look like this (any other commands being elided by ...):

$ python setup.py ... build_src build_clib build_ext build ...

In particular, you are missing the build_clib command which will build
libdfftpack.a for you.

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com