[SciPy-user] Telling setup.py where to find stuff

Otto Maddox ottomaddox at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 14 21:09:50 EST 2006

I'm having a few troubles getting SciPy built, mostly due to mixing and
matching compilers out of necessity.

I installed Python 2.4.2 from source using Apple's GCC 4. Then, to get
g77, installed GCC 3.4.5 from source into /opt/local/gcc34 (normally not
in my PATH).

Numpy 0.9.4 seemed to install fine by doing

F77=/opt/local/gcc34/bin/g77 python setup.py install

The problem is that the same thing doesn't work for getting SciPy's
setup.py to find g77. Also, I do not know how to tell it where my fftw
lives (under /opt/local/lib, /opt/local/include).

Does anybody have any advice, please?

                          wherever you are