[SciPy-user] ANN: first release of IVuPy-0.1

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sun Feb 12 13:22:23 EST 2006

Gerard Vermeulen wrote:
> I am proud to announce IVuPy-0.1 (I-View-Py).
>
> IVuPy is a Python extension module developed to write Python programs
> for 3D visualization of large data sets using Qt and PyQt.  Python is
> extended by IVuPy with more than 600 classes of two of the Coin3D C++
> class libraries: Coin and SoQt.

It looks very nice.  Perhaps you could add a link to the topical software wiki
(when the site comes back up :), along with a brief note on how it differs
from VTK?  I'm actually curious on that last one (so feel free to reply on the
list if you prefer to putting it on the wiki), as I'm much more familiar with
VTK, so I'd love to hear what the differences are.

Regards,