[SciPy-user] Advantages of Intel's MKL

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 02:12:23 EST 2006

Nils Wagner wrote:
> Thank you for your notes. If you have installed both,
> ATLAS and MKL, which library will be used by default ?

It depends on how you set up your site.cfg .

If you follow the recommendation to only use the [blas_opt] and [lapack_opt]
sections explicitly, then you should get whatever you set in those.

If you use only one of [mkl] and [atlas] sections, then you should get whichever
 one you set.

If, for some strange reason, you put both [mkl] and [atlas] sections in the same
site.cfg (not recommended!), then the MKL will get picked up first and ATLAS
will be ignored.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."