[SciPy-user] fortran compiter, OS X 10.3

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Sat Aug 12 12:42:54 EDT 2006

I am trying to compile scipy from svn 2156 on my powerbook OS X 10.3.
I have gcc 3.3 installed but apparently no g77, g95 or f95.  When I
try and compile, I get the error since it can't find a fortran
compiler.

Before I go down a false path compiling a new gcc/g77, I was wondering
if anybody had a recommendation for a binary g77 that I can get that
is compatible with my gcc, or alternatively, what the path of least
resistance is for me to get a compiler for this platform that can
compile scipy.

John-Hunters-Computer:~/python/svn/scipy> gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)