[SciPy-user] ODE solvers and Scipy

John Hassler hasslerjc at adelphia.net
Sat Aug 12 11:17:25 EDT 2006

Although it's not open source, Scilab is a free program with
capabilities similar to those of Matlab, including a block diagram
modeling language.  It isn't as polished as Matlab, but it allows (IMHO)
better program structure.

http://www.scilab.org/

You might also be interested in:

http://comptlsci.anu.edu.au/tutorials.html

for examples in both Scilab and Python.

That said, I'd still prefer to work in Python, even without a block
diagram language.
john