[SciPy-user] ***[Possible UCE]*** Re: ndimage and 64 bit

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Tue Apr 25 11:57:17 EDT 2006

Gennan Chen wrote:
> Robert,
>
> What is the issue there??

I think most of the problem is that in several places in the ndimage
code an int pointer and a long pointer are being used interchangeably as
if they were the same thing.  On 32-bit platforms this is usually true
but  it is rarely true on 64-bit platforms.

Thus, the code fails.  Most of these places should be picked up by a
compiler and should be fixable in a pretty straightforward way.  I've
already fixed many of them using output-logs of people with 64-bit
systems (I don't have one myself).

We need someone with a 64-bit system willing to track down the remaining
instances.

It is also possible that there is a problem with the numcompat.h file
and numcompat.c file on 64-bit systems that I am yet unaware of.   This
also needs a 64-bit-system user to help debug.

-Travis