[SciPy-user] Gamma distribution questions

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Sep 29 14:56:52 EDT 2005

Stephen Walton wrote:

> Robert Kern wrote, way back on September 8:
>
>> Currently, the fit() method of distributions is broken. There's a
>> problem with the way it passes arguments to the nnlf() method; that
>> problem seems to apply to all distributions.
>>
> I actually fixed this, kind of, some time ago.  See
>

> P.S.  Does anyone read the Bug Tracker entries at scipy.org?  My
> morestats.py fix is over three months old.

I don't read it regularly -- I read email much more.  So make sure to
post an  announcement to this list.  Also, I have been pre-occupied with
the new core system.  Also, the move to svn put a big delay on placing
any fixes into scipy as several people lost write access.  So, don't be
discouraged.  There have been some growing pains this summer.

We also need more people who are willing to have write access to the
actual source tree.

Any takers?  (I won't just let anybody make changes, but if you've
already contributed to SciPy in some fashion, you are a likely candidate...)

-Travis O.