[SciPy-user] 3d plotting question

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Thu Sep 29 14:17:00 EDT 2005

    >> Terrific!  VTK-4.4 is worth upgrading to if possible.  In any
    >> case, I forgot that you can also run all the tests in
    >> tvtk/tests to make sure the core functionality works.  I do the
    >> following:

    Christian> I upgraded to 4.4.2 and now simple.py is no longer
    Christian> working. Is that a TK issue?
[...]

Did you rebuild TVTK after upgrading to 4.4.2?  If you did not, then
remove the tvtk_classes.zip file and rebuild TVTK like so:

 python setup.py build_ext --inplace

You should have gotten warning messages if you did not do this and
imported TVTK.  Also, did you build the Hybrid classes when you built
4.4.2?

    >> $ cd tvtk/tests $ for i in *.py; do echo $i; python $i; done

    Christian> Most of them work. I've got no numarray installed but I
    Christian> doubt that it's necessary.

Yes, that is unnecessary.  So that can be ignored.  The ancestor
caching should I think go away when you rebuild TVTK.

    >> If you are willing to do a little bit of surgery, just replace
    >> that file (wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py), with the latest
    >> from here:
    >>
    >> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Wrapping/Python/vtk/wx/wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py?rev=1.17&view=log

    Christian> That did not work neither. He's complaining about
    Christian> different VTK versions.

Sorry, who is complaining about different versions?

Thanks for the patient testing.

cheers,
prabhu