[SciPy-user] Installation on dual opteron ...

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Wed Sep 28 05:10:16 EDT 2005

Arnd Baecker wrote:

>>If so, we should worry about it, but
>>if it's only being triggered by *plt code, I'm not sure it warrants spending
>>preciously scarce resources, giving that in the new scipy, *plt are going to
>>disappear.
>>There is pretty much consensus that matplotlib will take care of
>>plotting and scipy will drop the old, unmaintained *plt modules.
>>

>Umpf - has this already been decided?
>scipy.xplt is very important to me/us as a lot of code used in our group
>is heavily based on it!

Yeah, it's been decided.   But, don't panic. I don't think it will be
that big of a deal.

pygist will still exist and code from scipy.xplt will go into it.
There will still be a scipy.xplt package (just not bundled with the new
system).

All it really means is that there will be an additional package to install.

We are moving plotting outside of the scipy system.

-Travis