[SciPy-user] installation on fedora core 4

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 10:24:13 EDT 2005

I have ATLAS from Fedora Extras.  Where did you get the scipy rpm from?
I tried:
[root at localhost downloads]# rpm -i scipy_core-0.4.0-1.i586.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        python-base >= 2.4 is needed by scipy_core-0.4.0-1.i586

The rpm was from
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/2250851/com/scipy_core-0.4.0-1.i586.rpm.html

Any other thoughts?

I also updated to gcc-4.0.2 based on another email to this list and am
still getting the error I posted earlier.

Ryan