[SciPy-user] building scipy

Jens Brandenburg jens_brandenburg at gmx.net
Thu Nov 17 07:11:53 EST 2005

hi,

Stephen Walton schrieb:

>Stupid question:  did you do "python setup.py install" in core first?

... of course! It looks like this:

x21lx-jensb:/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy # ls
.                                __init__.py
base                  distutils    setup.py
..                               __init__.pyc
basic                 doc           setup.pyc
__core_config__.py     _import_tools.py      core_version.py
f2py          test
__core_config__.pyc    _import_tools.pyc    core_version.pyc  lib
    weave

Inbetween another question raised: "How could I make my own ATLAS (build
from source) libraries available to SciPy?" I 've set the following
environment variables:

export BUILD_DIR=/usr/local/builds
export BLAS_SRC=$BUILD_DIR/src/BLAS
export BLAS=$BLAS_SRC/libfblas.a
export LAPACK_SRC=$BUILD_DIR/src/LAPACK
export LAPACK=$LAPACK_SRC/lapack_LINUX.a
export ATLAS_SRC=$BUILD_DIR/src/ATLAS
export ATLAS=$ATLAS_SRC/lib/Linux_i686centrino

Thank 's in advance

Jens