[SciPy-user] scipy.ndarray as Numeric array?

Giovanni Samaey giovanni.samaey at cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Nov 10 09:29:04 EST 2005

Giovanni Samaey wrote:

Thanks for the help.  I have constructed a minimal example for people
who want to do the same as I did -- I made an error initially and solved it.

import scipy
import Numeric
import Scientific.MPI as MPI

mpi = MPI.world.duplicate()

glob = Numeric.zeros((mpi.size,1),Numeric.Int)
local = scipy.ones((1,),scipy.Int)

mpi.share(Numeric.array(local),glob)

print glob

When I run this, I get (on every processor ;-) ):

File "test.py", line 10, in ?
    mpi.share(Numeric.array(local),glob)
Scientific.MPI.core.MPIError: send and receive arrays are not compatible

This is avoided by putting:
mpi.share(Numeric.array(local,*Numeric.Int*),glob)