[SciPy-user] weave inline functions recompiling on first run

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu May 19 23:58:07 EDT 2005

Ryan Krauss wrote:
> I have a function that uses weave inline that recompiles the first time
> I run a script every time I start ipython, even though I have not
> changed the script in some time.  The first time the script I get the
> message:
>
> repairing catalog by removing key
> file changed
>
> What can cause this?

I don't know exactly, but I've seen it a lot (and it happens even if you run
the script outside ipython, so it's not ipython's fault).  I'm pretty
convinced it's a bug in weave.  About a year ago I tracked and fixed a similar
bug, but it took some serious effort: the weave code isn't particularly
simple.  Since I haven't been able to find a block of time I can sink into
this, I've been avoiding it, unfortunately.  It might not prove to be so
tricky with this one, so give it a go if you have a bit of spare time.

cheers,