[SciPy-user] Re: [Numpy-discussion] Current thoughts on future directions

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Thu Mar 10 12:33:42 EST 2005

Can I put in a good word for Fortran?  Not the language itself, but the
available packages for it.  I've always thought that one of the really
good things about Scipy was the effort put into getting all those
powerful, well tested, robust Fortran routines from Netlib inside
Scipy.  Without them, it seems to me that folks who just install the new
scipy_base are going to re-invent a lot of wheels.

Is it really that hard to install g77 on non-Linux platforms?

Steve Walton