[SciPy-user] scipy test file error

Leila baghdadi baghdadi at sickkids.ca
Mon Mar 7 14:09:31 EST 2005

Hi Pearu,

I just thought I share this with the list in case anyone is also using
Opteron,

1) when I installed Numeric 23.5 and tried to run the test as you told
me

import scipy
scipy.test()

it complained about wxpython and got a segfault (I saw it after I
e-mailed you yesterday)

2) after you told me that you have Numeric 23.1 on your opteron I
decided to get it just for a testing

so now I can run

scipy.test() and there are no segmentation faults but there is a few
errors which I am hoping to fix,
a) it complains about a few test no being there from plt, I guess that
is because I have no wxpython

b)few tests fail with this message
Attribute Error : 'module' object has no attribute 'eig'

I have also attached a text file of the error message,

can you please give me a hint as in what to do and how to fix this

Thanks very much

Leila