[SciPy-user] 2D interpolation from a set of irregularly spaced

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Thu Jul 21 11:40:55 EDT 2005

Hey Eric,

We recently wrapped toms 526:

    Algorithm 526: Bivariate Interpolation and Smooth Surface Fitting
for Irregularly Distributed Data Points

        It is available here:          http://www.netlib.no/netlib/toms/526
        Algorithm paper info here:
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=355787

The wrapper is "good enough" for what we needed, but hasn't gotten the
attention it needs to go into SciPy yet.  So, I've attached the code as
a zip file.  If you are on windows, the binaries are included for you.
Otherwise, run setup.py.

    Here is what I usually do when testing:  setup.py build_ext --inplace

example2.py provides an example of using the algorithm.

There is also a png file showing a plot of the results from example2.py.

hope that helps,
eric