[SciPy-user] Clarification

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 14 18:48:48 EDT 2005

   I'm new to python and I'm trying to find my way in the wilderness of
various packages as well as old versus new documentation. Right now I'd like
to understand the differences between SciPy and ScientificPython.

   I suspect that my immediate needs for matrix manipulations -- particularly
the calculation of the principal eigenvector -- may well be met by NumPy or
Numeric. That's another pair whose differences I don't understand.

   Anyway, clarification of the SciPy/ScientificPython situation would be very
much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President      | Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)  | Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"