[SciPy-user] bdist_rpm build error in scipy_core from CVS

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Sat Jan 29 14:48:28 EST 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Pearu Peterson wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Fernando Perez wrote:
>
>> Well, the original patch was just to add the scipy_core dir into both
>> sys.path and the enviroment, so that bdist_rpm would work at the top level
>> for the main scipy package.  The MANIFEST stuff was _not_ included in that
>> patch, I only pasted those lines into the message after your comment.
>>
>> Now, I don't know if you want to apply the actual patch or not, but I think
>> it would be nice to be able to build both the _core and main rpms without
>> having anything installed in between, no?
>
> I agree with you, I haven't reviewed your first patch, but I will.

I have applied your patch with some minor modifications to CVS.

Although now one can build scipy without installing scipy_core, one
must still have f2py installed. And f2py requires scipy_distutils. So,
packagers still need to take into account that the correct order of
installing software is:
   scipy_core
   f2py
   scipy