[SciPy-user] bdist_rpm build error in scipy_core from CVS

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Sat Jan 29 00:18:25 EST 2005

Fernando Perez wrote:

> 4. Read the top-level docstring for make.py, it explains the running,
> which is trivial.

I followed your instructions;  "python make.py all" on my system spits out

*** Found architectures: ['ATHLONSSE1']
*** Saving spec file: atlas-ATHLONSSE1.spec
*** Building RPM for arch: ATHLONSSE1
error: No compatible architectures found for build
*** Done with arch: ATHLONSSE1

Am I missing some magic in ~/.rpmmacros?

> ps.  If this works for people, I'd like to ask Pearu to keep his
> current naming conventions for the future.

They aren't Pearu's conventions.  They are the default you get if you do
'make rpm' in the ATLAS/lib/${ARCH} subdirectory.

Stephen