[SciPy-user] mpfit

Evelien Vanhollebeke evelien at ster.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Feb 17 09:29:56 EST 2005

And how about if you add your own derivatives? In the "help" it read
that when you want to use autoderiviate=0 your function should return
something like [status,y-func,pderiv], but then, the mpfit function
can't handle that, it gives me the following error: ValueError: unpack
list of wrong size. The function returns 3 things, the status, the
residuals and the derivatives, but mpfit just wants [status,f], so...
If it is ok with you, I would like to see your "litte wrapper" around
mpfit, maybe it can show me what I am doing wrong...
I am also trying the leastsq, but did not suceed to model my data (yet).

Thanks!
Evelien