[SciPy-user] Where is arrayobject.h supposed to be?

Paul Ray Paul.Ray at nrl.navy.mil
Thu Dec 29 10:29:27 EST 2005

Hi,

I've compiled scipy_core and scipy from the current (yesterday, Rev
1502) svn versions.
I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.3, with a fink-installed python2.4.

I'd like to compile a C extension (ppgplot in particular) against the
new scipy_core, and I'm wondering where arrayobject.h is supposed to
get installed?

Given an earlier comment on the list, it looks like #include "scipy/
arrayobject.h" should get it, which would imply to me that it would
get put into /sw/include/python2.4/scipy/arrayobject.h, but that is
not what happens.  Here is the result of a "find":
> mcxr2 : 17>find /sw -name arrayobject.h -print
> /sw/include/python2.4/numarray/arrayobject.h
> /sw/include/python2.4/Numeric/arrayobject.h
> /sw/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/base/include/scipy/arrayobject.h

Is there a problem with the scipy_core installer?  Shouldn't it
create /sw/include/python2.4/scipy and populate it?  Or, do I need to
add /sw/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/base/include/scipy to my
include search path when building C extensions against the new
scipy_core?

Also, if anyone has successfully built ppgplot against the new
scipy_core (it normally builds against Numeric or numarray), I'd love
to know the code changes required.

Cheers,

-- Paul

Dr. Paul S. Ray              E-mail: Paul.Ray at nrl.navy.mil
Naval Research Laboratory    WWW   : http://xweb.nrl.navy.mil/
personnel/paulr/
Code 7655                    Phone : (202) 404-1619
Washington, DC 20375         AIM   : NRLPSR