[SciPy-user] Manipulating Bit-Masked Data

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 27 19:55:47 EST 2005

   I need to read bit-masked bytes from an Optical Mark Recognition card
reader. I'm quite new to Python and haven't found any documentation on how to
manipulate bits. NumPy has masked arrays, but that's a different situation.
My rummaging around the SciPy wiki and a search of the mail list archives
turned up nothing.

   I'd appreciate a pointer to documentation that will show me how to
manipulate bit-masks in Python.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"