[SciPy-user] what's wrong with radom.multivariate_normal

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Fri Dec 16 01:30:42 EST 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Robert Kern wrote:

> Travis Oliphant wrote:
>
>> Can you make these changes?   Pick the names you want...  I think the
>> little experiment is bust and we should do as you say.
>
> Yes, I can do this tonight.

I suggest then moving some of scipy.corelib packages under scipy.basic as
well. Currently linalg related codes, for instance, are dispersed in too
many places: scipy.lib.lapack_lite, scipy.basic.linalg,
scipy.basic.basic_lite + full scipy packages scipy.lib.lapack,
scipy.linalg. I would move scipy.lib.lapack_lite under scipy.basic and
joining scipy.basic.linalg and scipy.basic.basic_lite to
scipy.basic.linalg.

I suggest also renaming scipy/corelib to scipy/lib.

I can do some of the code clean up today as well.

Pearu