[SciPy-user] 'object_arrtype' problem

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 14:13:50 EST 2005

One thing I don't like about Numeric returning the object is that
things get a little messy when you aren't sure if you have an array or
not.  I find myself calling atleast_1d a lot or writing tests using
"if shape(obtject)" which returns an empty tuple for scalars.  I guess
my thoughts are slightly twisted by everything being an array in
Matlab.  I want to test if len==1, then it must be a scalar.  I guess
I would be happiest with clean scalar tests and objects that worked
well when iterating or indexing from an object array.

Ryan