[SciPy-user] A simple 3d OpenGL viewer and color map for matrices

europa100 at comcast.net europa100 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 24 15:06:58 EDT 2005

Hi Travis!  (and the list :)

I don't know if you remember me.  I am the creator of the Numeric Python EM Project, which is now on the scipy wiki.  I ditched Verio, even though they had top notch FreeBSD service, quite a while ago, then was reinterested in the whole concept as of late and put my site back up under my Comcast acct.  So now I am trying to find a more nerdy, geeky, glamourous domain, hahaha.

I am trying to find a replacement (or fix) for Animabob, the 3d OpenGL viewer.  With a simple color map and matrix dump, you get the beautiful pictures with FDTD.  Unfortunately (this is a strange statement), now that my laptop (and probably everyone elses)  runs a 3.5Ghz P4 and some hellatiosly fast graphics card, Animabob goes so fast that it is unuseable.

I would like to replace Animabob with a scipy based viewer.  But I have been out of the Python world for 3 or 4 years, so I have no idea how things have progressed and what is REALLY available.  (and I have to update my links)

Any help or direction would be really appreciated.

Sincerely,

Rob N3FT