[SciPy-user] DAE

Zhiwen Chong zhiwen.chong at elf.mcgill.ca
Fri Aug 19 15:15:28 EDT 2005

On 19-Aug-05, at 2:06 PM, Adrian L. Garcia-Lomana wrote:
> Should I code this myself somehow? There is anything specific for
> DAE on
> SciPy? Any ideas/suggestions?

I was going to try to wrap DASSL using F2PY as a side project . My
interest in DASSL was solely in its function as a reference algorithm
for my unit tests. (I'm currently using Orthogonal Collocation on
Finite Elements, i.e. implicit Runge-Kutta to do DAE integration.) I
spent a weekend studying F2PY and DASSL, tweaking my pyf file, trying
to get the wrapper to work, but alas, it wouldn't compile on my
machine. Since then I haven't had the time or inclination to fiddle
with it. (plus I don't need it for my research)

If you want to have a go at it, take a look at this:
http://moncs.cs.mcgill.ca/people/slacoste/research/report/
SummerReport.html#tth_sEc3

And this:
http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/usersguide/index.html

Let us know if you have any success.

Zhiwen
--
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you
handy." - Red Green