[SciPy-user] Pb building Atlas library: target pattern contains no '%'

aurelien.gourrier at free.fr aurelien.gourrier at free.fr
Wed Aug 3 04:45:41 EDT 2005

Dear all,

Really sorry to be bothering with this since there seems to be already a lot of
mails on this topic but I just can't find the solution...

I'm trying to build Scipy under WinXp for python2.4. I followed the instructions
on http://www.scipy.org/documentation/buildscipywin32.txt and
http://www.scipy.org/documentation/buildatlas4scipywin32.txt but I get blocked
when building the Atlas library...

After doing the following in a Cygwin shell :
   > make xconfig
   > export ARCH=WinNT_P4SSE2
I changed to the following lines in Make.WinNT_P4SSE2
   F77 = $(MINGW_PREFIX)/bin/g77.exe
   F77FLAGS = -fomit-frame-pointer -O -fno-second-underscore
   GCCdir = $(MINGW_PREFIX)/bin
   GOODGCC = $(MINGW_PREFIX)/bin/gcc.exe
   CC = $(MINGW_PREFIX)/bin/gcc.exe
   MCC = $(MINGW_PREFIX)/bin/gcc.exe
   BLASlib = c:/cygwin/$(BLAS)
   RANLIB = ranlib
and then typed
   > make install arch=$ARCH
and I get the following error at step 2:

   Makefile:12 *** target pattern contains no '%'. Stop.

I looked up in the Makefile and this is what I have:

   SHELL = /bin/sh
   CC = gcc
   NM = -o
   OJ = -c

   config: xconfig
	   ./xconfig
	   rm -f ./xconfig

   DoNothing:
   searchconf:
	   $(CC) -DForceSearch -o xconfig config.c
	   ./xconfig
	   rm -f ./xconfig

   xconfig : config.c
	   $(CC) -o xconfig config.c

   xatlas_tee : bin/atlas_tee.c
	   $(CC) -o xatlas_tee bin/atlas_tee.c

   error_report:
	   $(MAKE) -f Make.top error_report arch=$(arch)

I really don't uderstand why I'm getting this error, does anyone have an idea ?

Thanks,

Aure