[SciPy-user] Enthon for the Mac

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Tue Nov 23 12:39:40 EST 2004

I'm gearing up to make binary packages for Scipy et al. for Mac OS X. I
hope that these might be considered collectively as Enthought-Edition
Python ("Enthon") for the Mac.

So, Mac users, what do you want to see in Mac Enthon? My current plan is
to track CVS/SVN for some of the packages, certainly scipy. As I update
packages, Mac Enthon users will be able to download them individually
and install them. I can only support Panther right now; when I get
Tiger, I'll support both Panther and Tiger. I may also make a Python 2.4
version. The packages will be the standard Mac double-click-to-install
packages with an Enthon meta-package for convenient install of all
packages together.

What packages would you like to see? My current list:

Scipy - CVS
Numeric - stable
numarray - stable?
ScientificPython - stable
PIL - stable
readline - stable
IPython - stable
wxPython - latest developement version
PyObjC - SVN
matplotlib - CVS?
Tkinter - stable
Pmw - stable
Kiva    \
Chaco   |- SVN versions?
Traits  /
PyOpenGL - stable
f2py - CVS
Mayavi - stable
VTK - stable
PyX - latest
PySQLite - last stable, and CVS once the new version is usable
SWIG - latest
Pyrex - latest
Twisted - stable
PyTables - latest
SCons - stable
ReportLab - stable
PyProtocols - latest
PyChecker - stable
mx.TextTools - stable
mx.DateTime - stable
odr - whenever I get around to updating the bloody thing
PyMC - latest
MDP - latest
ZODB - stable
PyXML - stable
BioPython?

I'll put this somewhere on the Wiki later today.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter