[SciPy-user] Re: Scipy.org layout

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Nov 17 16:44:08 EST 2004

Jon-Eric Steinbomer schrieb:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> There was a problem with the layout of the slots on the right of the page
> that was causing them to render larger than default. This has been fixed
> and should afford more room to the page content where these slots are
> displayed. Please let either Janet or myself know if you observe any other
> problems with the layout.

Much better, thanks.  A minor nit: is it possible to have the blue code boxes
line their text inside of them flush left by default?  Look at how they open
by default:

http://amath.colorado.edu/faculty/fperez/tmp/scipy_plottut.png

all the extra left space causes unnecessary scroll bars to appear.  Perhaps a
tiny bit of whitespace is good for aesthetic reasons, but one or two
fixed-width spaces should be enough, I think.

At any rate, many thanks for this.  Even these small changes (without the need
for a huge site overhaul) already make a big usability difference.

Regards,