[SciPy-user] Marginal distributions

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Wed May 5 15:51:41 EDT 2004

Scott,

If you are trying to integrate a multidimensional function you can
easily have an upper limit that is a variable.

You will probably want to read about

scipy.integrate.quad  for performing the actual integration.

and

scipy.vectorize (for vectorizing the resulting function).

If you could be a bit more specific about the problem you are referring
to I might be able to help further.

My understanding of marginals density functions is that you compute
integrals over the entire domain (no variable in the limit) so perhaps
I'm not understanding your problem well enough.

Post more to see if we can help.

-Travis O.