[SciPy-user] Re: Building fortran libraries using scipy_distutils

Berthold Höllmann hoel at gl-group.com
Mon Mar 22 03:55:04 EST 2004

Pearu Peterson <pearu at cens.ioc.ee> writes:

> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, [ISO-8859-15] Berthold Höllmann wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> How (if at all) can I add command line switches for the fortran
>> compiler when building libraries from scipy_distutils using
>> 'libraries'?
>
> You can enhance the fortran compiler switches using config_fc command. For
> example,
>
>   python setup.py config_fc --help
>
> will display
>
>   Options for 'config_fc' command:
>   --debug (-g)      compile with debugging information

is it intended the "--debug" has no effect on the commands building libraries?

Invoking setup.py with

python setup.py config_fc --fcompiler=intel --f77flags=-fpp --f90flags=-fpp --debug --noopt build_src build_clib build_ext

error: Command "/usr/local/fitools/opt/intel/compiler70_l_fc_pc_7.1.038/ia32/bin/ifc -fpp -KPIC -cm -c -c lib/PyBrushMod/flib/vcross.f -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/lib/PyBrushMod/flib/vcross.o" failed with exit status 1

I'm missing the "-g" switch for "ifc" and am wondering about the
double "-c". This happens using Scipy_core-0.2.2_alpha_104.1640.

Kind regards

Berthold Höllmann
--
Germanischer Lloyd AG
CAE Development
e-mail: hoel at gl-group.com
Internet: http://www.gl-group.com

This e-mail contains confidential information for the exclusive attention of the intended addressee. Any access of third parties to this e-mail is unauthorised. Any use of this e-mail by unintended recipients such as copying, distribution, disclosure etc. is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients the content of this e-mail is subject to the General Terms and Conditions of GL's Group of Companies applicable at the date of this e-mail.

GL's Group of Companies does not warrant and/or guarantee that this message at the moment of receipt is authentic, correct and its communication free of errors, interruption etc.