[SciPy-user] plotting question: standardized 2D plot access

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Sat Jul 31 18:49:20 EDT 2004

I am a complete Python and SciPy newbie. (A few days.)
So far, I am loving both.

Is there access to gnuplots 'pause' command via gplt?
(I see related questions have been asked:
What is the best way to get a gplt plot produced by
a script to display for awhile before running the rest
of the script?

In the meantime, I've been using gplt happily.
I would say only that the default of using the temporary
file names in the key (legend) appears undesirable.

Thank you,
Alan Isaac

PS Is there a module, call it plot2D for example, that provides
a standardized way to create plot descriptions, which can
then be plotted by whatever packages SciPy happens to
support?  (So that after creating a plot2D object 'myplot' I
could myplot.gplt() or myplot.plt() or whatever.)

As plotting packages continue to proliferate, I think such a
standardized interface would be very helpful.  It addition,
the current approach requires a redraw each time a feature
is changed.  This is very nice for interactive use, of
course, but not in scripts.