[SciPy-user] fsolve and additional parameters

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Mon Jul 19 18:59:33 EDT 2004

matt wrote:
> I already tried this.  Fsolve checks "equations" and complains that the
> input and output shapes  aren't the same.

I've never used fsolve myself, so I'm not sure what the issue is.  But in
general when asking python questions, I suggest you copy/paste an explicit
traceback from your program, or even better, from a small test case at the
interactive interpreter.  A traceback will in general provide people with much
more information to be able to give you more precise help.

If you want, ipython (also hosted by scipy at http://ipython.scipy.org) has an
exception mode which is extremely verbose, printing additional context and
variable information.  This may help when trying to get someone who doesn't
have access to your code to be able to understand the issue better.  But for
starters, a regular python traceback will help.

Best,