[SciPy-user] Accumulated current problems

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 17 18:03:30 EDT 2004

matt wrote:

[snip]

> 3)
>
> I've tried setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and all of the FFTW,DJBFFTW,ATLAS
> type environ variables, and scipy still seems to have problems finding
> libraries even though I have both the static and dynamic ones present
> and pointed to.

I think all of your problems are stemming from the inability to
correctly link to the ATLAS libraries. The weird import behaviors that
you see follow directly from a failed import of the linear algebra stuff.

If you can try doing a clean build again, check the link command
arguments that are used when compiling the linear algebra modules
(fblas, flapack, cblas, clapack, etc.). You *do* have a liblapack in
/usr/local/lib, but it may not be the liblapack that has ATLAS routines
in it (see the NOTES section, item 2 of SciPy's INSTALL.txt).

(Free)BSD is going to be hard because I don't think there are many SciPy
users on those platforms.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu