[SciPy-user] wierd problem

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Fri Jul 16 18:45:36 EDT 2004

matt wrote:

> I take it that means scipy doesn't save that info when it is built.  Is
> there a companion to LD_LIBRARY_PATH for includes?  I just did the
> standard ports collection install of atlas under FreeBSD, which dumps in
> /usr/local.  I'll check that environ and see what happens.  Thanks.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is checked at runtime for dynamic libraries. It has
nothing to do with compilation per se. Are libatlas and ATLAS' libblas
and liblapack all in /usr/local/lib ? Are they dynamically link at all?
or are they statically linked (i.e. are they .so libraries or .a)?

You can also check the link line from the compilation of
optimize/_lbfgsb and make sure that it links to all of the ATLAS libraries.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter