[SciPy-user] Help with FFT code

Karthikesh Raju karthik at james.hut.fi
Thu Jul 1 01:54:42 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Regarding the saving and loading data part of this question, i was faced
with the dilema of shifting data between python and matlab. i have written
a small module dataloader.py (the latest version of which is at

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/286171
)

dumpData takes a dictionary of variables and makes separate dat files in
ascii
format and saves them in these files. When all the keys are traversed, it
compresses all the files into an archive.

loadData does the reverse, it loads the data from a file to a dictionary.

i also have the equivalent matlab routines

loadData.m - when paseed a tar.gz file, it extracts the variable name and
loads it in the workspace

dumpData.m - when passed with variables in the workspace, it writes them
in ascii files and compresess them.

The both work quite well.

Side note: please let me know of methods to improve the python module.

Warm regards
karthik

Karthikesh Raju,		    email: karthik at james.hut.fi
Researcher,			    http://www.cis.hut.fi/karthik
Helsinki University of Technology,  Tel: +358-9-451 5389
Laboratory of Comp. & Info. Sc.,    Fax: +358-9-451 3277
Department of Computer Sc.,
P.O Box 5400, FIN 02015 HUT,
Espoo, FINLAND