[SciPy-user] gplt and xplt

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Thu Aug 12 10:38:45 EDT 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Gary Ruben apparently wrote:
> I'd recommend you look (for mature cross platform packages
> for Python) at gnuplot.py, Matplotlib and, if you need
> certain plot types not supported by these, DISLIN (and
> disipyl).

Just to note on the particular issue raised by Gary:
gnuplot.py faces exactly the same problem as gplt but relies
on the user to implement apprpriate delays.  What is unclear
from the descriptions that I've read is whether this is a
gnuplot problem or a problem with pipes under Windows.
If the former, do the gnuplot developers know about it?

> I've mucked around with others but have rejected them for
> one reason or other.

Can you summarize your experience with biggles?
 http://biggles.sourceforge.net/

Thanks,
Alan Isaac