[SciPy-user] fmin_l_bfgs_b problem

Steve Schmerler elcorto at gmx.net
Wed Aug 11 15:30:14 EDT 2004

> Was anyone able to use fmin_l_bfgs_b optimizer successfully?
> When I run it with the same parameters as the fmin_bfgs example in the
> tutorial,
> I get the error:
>
> xopt = fmin_l_bfgs_b(log_likelihood, x0, fprime=log_likelihood_der)
> File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\scipy\optimize\lbfgsb.py", line 174,
> in fm
> in_l_bfgs_bisave, dsave)
> error: failed in converting 7th argument `g' of _lbfgsb.setulb to
> C/Fortran
> array
>

> BTW, are there searchable archives of this list somewhere?

Hi

I used the method some time ago without probs like this (without a gradient
routine though)

    fmin_l_bfgs_b(n,initial_guess,args=(t,y),approx_grad=True,
                  bounds=limits,m=10,maxfun=niter,factr=100)

with n beeing a scalar returning function, data arrays t and y, limits an
list of lists [[lower, upper],[..,..],...].

Maybe there is a prob with your f2py (but this is really just a _quess_ :))

bye
steve

--
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise
my hand. - Steven Wright