[SciPy-user] Newbie issues in moving to SciPy

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Wed Sep 24 12:18:47 EDT 2003

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
>     >> and I've not heard of grace.  I'll check it out.
>     AB> See: http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/
>     AB> http://www-heller.harvard.edu/~mhagger/download/python/grace_np.py
>
> Grace is X11 only.  You might also want to check out these:

Sure?  From the website:

Grace is a WYSIWYG 2D plotting tool for the X Window System and M*tif. Grace
runs on practically any version of Unix-like OS. As well, it has been
successfully ported to VMS, OS/2, and Win9*/NT/2000/XP (some minor
functionality may be missing, though).

Granted, I've only used it under X11, and I don't know if 'ported to WinXXX'
means ported to run with an X server there.  But perhaps Win users can double
check exactly how that works.

Cheers,

f.