[SciPy-user] SciPy 0.2 release

Nils Wagner nwagner at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Sep 22 12:50:05 EDT 2003

Travis Oliphant schrieb:

> We are going to release SciPy 0.2 next week (Thursday 1:00pm Central
> Time).  Please report any remaining outstanding issues that must be
> resolved before we tag the CVS tree with the release number.  SciPy will
> still undergo improvements so SciPy 0.3 does not have to be far behind.
>
> Thanks for all of your reports so far.
>
> -Travis Oliphant

It would be nice, if linalg.lu can be applied to complex matrices as
well

from scipy import *
from RandomArray import *
A = rand(4,4)+rand(4,4)*sqrt(-1.0)
P,L,U = linalg.lu(A)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "lu-test.py", line 4, in ?
    P,L,U = linalg.lu(A)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/scipy/linalg/decomp.py",
line 238, in lu
    p,l,u,info = flu(a1,permute_l=permute_l,overwrite_a = overwrite_a)
TypeError: object of type 'None' is not callable

Thanks in advance,

                       Nils