[SciPy-user] Installation on Mac OSX, again

Gary Pajer pajer at iname.com
Wed Sep 10 22:37:20 EDT 2003

From: "Andrew Straw" <andrew.straw at adelaide.edu.au>

> I think Bob Ippolito may be working on a MacPython-2.3 Package Manager
> release which uses Apple's vecLib, so let's keep our fingers crossed...

Thanks to all who have responded to my post.

I'm new to Mac, and still getting used to things.
Do I understand correctly that the "porting" of scipy will be to the
MacPython system and not the fink distribution? Will we always have two
mutually exclusive pythons for Mac?  (<-- that's got to be a very FAQ)
Is one dominant over the other?  OK, I'm getting off topic ...

-
Gary