[SciPy-user] ipython-0.5 and returned tuples

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Tue Sep 9 13:27:05 EDT 2003

Jeffery D. Collins wrote:
> Thanks for pointing that out:)  I often use "sum" in my algorithms,
> forgetting that it's a numeric function.

By the way, the fix is super simple.  I doubt I'll find the time to make a
relase before leaving, but you can apply it yourself in one minute.

Change line 999 of iplib.py from:

                    (len(theRest)==0 or theRest[0] not in '!=()<>[') and \
to:
                    (len(theRest)==0 or theRest[0] not in '!=()<>[,') and \

The only change is the added ',' in the string of characters to avoid.  This
should do, since it seems to catch all unpacking situations.

Let me know if it works ok for you, and when I return I'll add it to a
release.  I'll put this in CVS in a minute for those who use the code from CVS.

Thanks for the report!

Cheers,

f.