[SciPy-user] SWIG required for scipy setup?

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Tue Oct 28 12:59:28 EST 2003

OSX nightmares continue: It now appears that swig is required to build
scipy on OSX 10.3 -- building scipy from cvs gives the following error:

building agg swig:
swig -c++ -python -shadow
-I/Users/chris/Development/python/scipy/Lib_chaco/agg2/include agg.i
sh: line 1: swig: command not found

I thought scipy was independent of swig. Should I be avoiding the scipy
cvs for this platform?

Sorry for the hassles, but I either need to get scipy running to
continue development of my own code, or move on without it.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia