[SciPy-user] Re: io.loadmat

Nils Wagner wagner.nils at vdi.de
Tue Oct 14 14:11:45 EDT 2003

-------------------
In article
<3F8BC1BC.85CED77F__30309.4456474811$1066119230 at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de>
you wrote:

[snip]

> from scipy import *
> file=open("matrizen_red.mat",'r')
> io.loadmat(file,appendmat=0)
>
> raceback (most recent call last):
>   File "matlab.py", line 3, in ?
>     io.loadmat(file,appendmat=0)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/scipy/io/mio.py", line
> 348, in loadmat
>     if os.sep in name:
> TypeError: 'in' or 'not in' needs sequence right argument

Use the filename as the first argument, not an open file object.

--
Robert Kern
kern at ugcs.caltech.edu

The next problem is the version file format of my Matlab file.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "iotest.py", line 2, in ?
    io.loadmat("matrizen_red.mat",appendmat=0)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/io/mio.py", line 372, in loadmat
    raise ValueError, "Version 5.0 file format not supported."
ValueError: Version 5.0 file format not supported.

Any idea to circumvent this problem ?

Nils

"In the fields of Hell where the grass grows high
                     -- Richard Harter